Friday, October 28, 2011

October's Costume Challenge!

Welcome to the final stop on our blog hop!  You should have made it here from Emily's Blog.

Don't you hate it when you come up with a challenge idea...share it with your partner in crime...e-mail it to your design team...post it on the blog...and then have NO STINKIN IDEA WHAT TO DO WITH IT?  Sticker challenge?  What was I thinking?  LOL  I even contemplated being too "busy" to do this hop, so I wouldn't have to do it.

Good thing I am more stubborn than that.

I got out my handy dandy book, The Scrapbook Embellishment Handbook by Sherri Stevenson, and started browsing for ideas.  I found one in the sticker section (who'd have thunk it?) about covering chipboard with stickers.  Hmmmmm....  I have OODLES of chipboard.  So I got out one of the hearts and a sheet of owl stickers.

I overlapped and layered the owl stickers on the chipboard heart, being careful to keep it looking random and not linear.  Then I flipped it over and trimmed away the excess.


Here is my finished project: a card inspired by Scrapbooks Ect. cover layout.  Don't you love the SMILE sticker from Momenta?  It has some nice puffy, shiney demension to it.


So that is my story and I'm stickin to it.  Now to make sure I plan an easier challenge for next month.

13 comments:

Jen Cro said...

I love this. What a cute idea. Whoo wouldn't love it? Haha.

Emily said...

Oooh! Love it! Such a great chipboard transformation. That smile is great :) I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one who found this challenge - a challenge! I still think it was a great idea.

Anonymous said...

Your owl stickers look very cute on that heart - I want to try this! LOL at the having no idea - that's me most of the time!

Jimjams said...

LOL - glad to hear that I'm not the only one to suffer from your fiendish challenges!!! Love what you did though - it's a great way to use up stickers. TFS

Ali said...

That is sooo cute! Great card too.

MiliPea Designs said...

LOL! I think it worked out rather well - we all got some fabulous ideas from each other! And I love the look of your accent! I'm not a big 'bird' embellishment person but I do like the look of this little heart of yours!

Jen Cro said...

I love the way this turned out. Layering the stickers on chipboard is a great idea. I have seen border strips layered before, but never a shaped sticker.

Lisa said...

oh! cute!!! that is one sweet card and embellishment. I might have to try this one! thanks for sharing.

happysnapper said...

Awesome idea i like it lots

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

Awwww!!! This is too cute. I love the owls and the card is so yummy!!!! Just perfect!!! xoxo

nomorelittlemonkeys said...

What a fabulous idea for covering chipboard! I love those owl stickers, but they really look great layered on the heart! TFS

Susanne said...

Oh by golly - how cute is that! You've made a patchwork effect, and I'm totally stealing this idea.

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

What a great way to use those owls!! Makes a great card! Sorry I'm just making it around to the "mighty three" this weekend - thanks for sharing!