Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Well, look at me...

I have felt a bit at loose ends lately.  Too many things going on for me to concentrate much on creating.  Thank goodness that school starts next week!  Entire days to myself?  Whatever will I do (besides my job, laundry, cooking, cleaning....LOL)?

I decided I needed a bit of a focus and of course the Tuesday Trigger at Moxie Fab jumped out at me from my blog reader.  I generally don't participate in challenges besides the ones I do for Counterfeit Kit Challenge.  No particular reason.  Just am in my own little crafting world most of the time.  :)

The Tuesday Trigger intrigued me, however, and I immediately had an idea for it! 

Here is the photo to inspire us:



And here is my take on it:



I really loved the pops of red, yellow and teal, so I used those as a base for my card.  I love my Unity Library stamp, so I stamped it on navy cardstock and embossed it with white.  I can't seem to resist my notebook paper punch with that stamp.  I tried.  I failed.  I think it looks super fabulous! 

You still have time to give the Tuesday Trigger a shot yourself.  You have until August 12st and midnight to get inspired and link up to their blog.  Have fun!

5 comments:

Susanne said...

Cute card - I really like typewriters on cards.

Celestial Charms said...

Love this card and all the elements used.
Maureen

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Bethany! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Lisa said...

What a cute card. Love that paper background and the stamp with white embossing combined with the punch is just super! love it

sassyscrapper said...

Typewriters are just all the rage right now, aren't they? So retro! Perfect take on the prompt.