Thursday, July 31, 2014

I am in LOVE with August's Counterfeit Kit!



That might sort of...kind of...maybe be why I picked it!  Sometimes being the "boss" has it's perks!  I will admit that normally I am not a Studio Calico girl.  Sure, I generally like some of the elements of the kits, but the hype and exclusive vibe put me off...plus I don't like paying high way robbery to get a stamp I love just because it has their name on it.

But this kit.  This kit was worth bending some preferences for, don't you think?

Unlike last month, my kit came together beautifully.  And in multiples, because I couldn't stop at just one.  I can't wait to share them with you!


Penny Arcade...the very name makes me think of old timey carnivals and fair rides.  I love the colors in this kit!  They are a nice mix of NOT traditional jewel tones.  Just off the color wheel enough to make it interesting.

I found some great papers from Echo Park, Dear Lizzy, October Afternoon and *uhem* Studio Calico to make up my kit.


I even threw in a Fair themed stamp to get me going! Love it!


The one thing I was missing was that silver doily.  It might seem silly, but I became a bit obsessed about that doily and even tried cheating a bit and went to buy one.  Not a silver doily to be found in my city!  HUMP!  Luckily, sweet Master Forger Lisa saw my dilemma and sent me some happy mail!  Look at those beautiful doily's and stars!!!  My heart is happy!  The doily's will be living happily in my kit...although I have an idea for them already...



Next up is the add on Skeeball (which, by the way, is a game I am VERY good at).  I tried to not get hung up on the lovely start burst paper that I have nothing like and went with a nice yellow sun pattern instead.  I am looking forward to using that one.




My last Add On kit to Counterfeit is Fortune Teller.  I love the colors in this one, too.




I have never used Bokeh paper before...I hope I can do it justice!  I threw in some awesome stamps this month, too!  I can't wait to play with them!  I did not do a lot of counterfeiting with my kits, but I did use my Silhouette quite a bit to make some great cuts.  It is about time I put it to good use.  

Here is the Hop List so you know where to go...I sure hope Jemma had something nice to say about me...if you missed her blog post, go back and check for me, okay?

Guest Designer:  Sherri:  http://sherrithompson.blogspot.com
Bethany:  http://inspiredscrapper-bethany.blogspot.com   <<<
 
That means the lovely LESLIE is up next so scootch on over there and be impressed!

After that you can head over to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog to see what else we are up to and how YOU can play along this month.  Lots of changes going on over there!  We are upgrading for you!


17 comments:

Jimjams said...

Love that you got some help from Lisa making up your kit- what a great team we have!

Julene Matthews said...

Fabulous elements in your kit Bethany.I spy the cloud vellum which is in my kit too.
I think you will have fun this month.

Julene Matthews said...

Fabulous elements in your kit Bethany.I spy the cloud vellum which is in my kit too.
I think you will have fun this month.

Lesley G said...

Wow Bethany, great kits but I do think there's a bit of favouritism from the lovely Lisa there ;) lol!!
Good to have you joining in :)

Tina Campbell said...

Beautiful fun kit Bethany ! Love the combination of all 3 kits wow lots of crafting for u this month

Susanne said...

Wow, you've really nailed down each of those. I bet you find using bokeh paper very addictive, I did a few months back. Happy scrapping.

LCSmithSAVED said...

I can surely see how inspired you were by the Penny Arcade kit! Lovely that Ms Lisa came to the rescue with the coveted silver doily (sounds like an award, lol!) Big fat lot of goodies there to plunge into & revel in :~D

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

Cute kit! I bet you'll be able to create lot's of crafty projects with your big kit. Can't wait to see them!

mandysea said...

Ooooh triple wow!! I think you have captured the essence of the kits beautifully! You're so lucky getting a silver doily and stars.... they are FABULOUS!

Sassy Breese said...

You set the bar high, with this multi-kit collection. And what wonderful happy mail.

Angela Toucan said...

you sure did love that kit. Your multiple kits are fabulous.

li-bee-ti said...

I'm with you about SC kits... you've pulled awesome kits! love them.

Tara O said...

This is an awesome kit!! I wonder where SC got their silver doilies?

cinmfoster said...

Such a lovely kit. Great paper selection and sweet doliy's.
Cindy F.

Miss Jane said...

WOW! no wonder you loved this so much. Your kit just looks seamless! Gorgeous :D

Tina Campbell said...

Hi Bethany,
I sent you an email back yes I'm interested. I don't know what happen to the 1st email sent you. Yahoo sheesh you never know what may happen :)

Lisa said...

just getting around to seeing all the kits this month and am sorry it took so long to see these great takes on the inspiration kits! you nailed the colours of each so well and are so good at keeping them at manageable sizes - mine always explode to mega kits!

thanks too for the kind words about my happy mail! happy that ít arrived and made you smile! I'm on the look out for more silver doilies although I did manage to find some gold ones recently! I can'T wait to see how you use them as well as the stars!