Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Rockin' it this month! Challenge #3: Panel Card

I do not remember the last time I had this much time to just create!  I let my kids and DH hit the yard to do yard work and fix the pool and did not feel guilty one little bit.

Challenge #3 was different for me.  I love the idea of making a panel card, but my dislike of my kit this month was making it hard for me to pull one together that I liked.  Here is my first attempt:


I really like the speckled blue paper and it made me think of sky...which led to the hot air balloons...but the orange background?  Eh.  And I didn't have any paper that I wanted to mat the mini card with, so I used vellum.  It was okay, but didn't pop at all.  I decided to give it another go with some chalkboard paper I have been hoarding.  Immediately my Dapper Dan Glitz stamps came to mind.  I love the mustache and bow tie, but never had an idea of what to use them for...until now...

 
I'm glad I gave it another try.  I really like this second card.

What do you think about Panel Cards?  I hope I get to see one of yours at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog.  I could use some more inspiration.

6 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute cards I do like the 2nd one better to. This is an interesting technique

Sassy Breese said...

Good on you for taking time to create. Both cards are really cute.

LCSmithSAVED said...

Thx for showing your 2nd string card altho it's a cute idea! Those guy stamps are FAB.

Susanne said...

I like them both - balloons make me happy.

Julene Matthews said...

Both these are cute. I think I like the hot air balloons one best.Great work!

Lisa said...

So nice when there's time to play and a plan of what to create! I like both these cards. Glad you kept to it :-)